In this episode, I spoke with Jose Nino, author of the book 10 Myths of Gun Control and writer at his substack Jose Nino Speaks. We went over the common arguments for gun control and deconstruct them one by one.
In this podcast we respond to the following assertions:
- 5:55 – The US has the most mass shootings in the world.
- 18:40 – Citizens shouldn’t be able to have assault rifles and weapons of war.
- 23:30 – We need nationwide background checks and waiting periods.
- 27:00 – Australia solved it’s gun violence problem by banning guns.
- 30:30 – The Constitution is outdated.
- 34:25 – “Good guy with a gun” is a myth.
- 41:35 – Gun Cartels are armed by lax gun laws in the US.
- 45:50 – Gun advocates off no solutions.
- Mass Public Shootings keep occurring in Gun-Free Zones: 97.8% of attacks since 1950
- Murders In US Very Concentrated: 54% Of US Counties In 2014 Had Zero Murders, 2% Of Counties Have 51% Of The Murders
- There Have Been 13 Mass School Shootings Since 1966, Not 27 This Year
- 10 killed, 5 seriously wounded in attack on hotel in Celaya, Guanajuato
- Gun Control Myths: The lie that AR-15s are the weapon of choice of Mass Public Shooters
- Number of murder victims in the United States in 2020, by weapon used
- Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth