In this episode we talk to Philip Hardcastle who has taken the discomforts of life and turned them into challenges to be overcome. By doing this he has worked in real estate in Texas, Hawaii, Cambodia and now has one of the most successful real estate companies in San Miguel de Allende. We talk to him about the market and how he has been able to harness the changing demographics of buyers to his benefit. He also gives priceless advice about market research and what to look for if you’re starting a business today.
We hope you enjoy listening to this episode as much as we enjoyed making it.
Thanks for listening!
We hope you enjoyed this podcast. If so, please leave a review here. It REALLY helps us out!
Once you review the podcast send me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a free e-book as well as access to the private Borderless Network as a thank you.
- Pictures of Day of the Dead in San Miguel de Allende
- Realty San Miguel
- Why Phillip left the US (5:30)
- The opportunities available in starting businesses in underdeveloped countries (8:00)
- Riding the wave of the baby boomer market (15:10)
- The two main real estate markets in Mexico (20:20)
- The drop in real estate sales in 2007(24:00)
- Can foreigners own real estate in Mexico? (27:00)
- Fideicomiso is NOT a trust
- Real estate financing in Mexico (23:30)
- The impact of the 2008 recession on Mexico (32:10)
- The changing demographics of Mexico (36:00)
- The “dangers” of cartels in Mexico (39:40)
- Phillip’s advice for new entrepreneurs (41:55)
- The clipper ship strategy